Monday, September 5, 2011

School Life

Hello, I've just started a blog. My first post (actually, it's my second) will be about how school is.

This year is my last year in Jr. High and I really want to make it my best. I plan on getting a 4.0 GPA for the year which I have managed to do in previous years. I also want to do as many extracurricular activities as possible this year since it officially counts as High School even though I'm not actually going to a high school.

The first two weeks of school have gone pretty well for me I think. I've met some new people which has been interesting. There seem to be more people I don't know this year than I do know. It's probably because of the new school they built and the changing of boundaries. I actually had to get a variance this year, which I got because I didn't want to spend my last year of Jr. High in a school that I've never been to and am not familiar with.

Most of my classes are pretty fun. Math this year is different. I'm in Algebra 2 and it's a lot harder than last year. I had to get a graphing calculator which was expensive, but the teacher is awesome. She explains everything so well it makes it easier. Seminary is probably my favorite class, mostly because the teacher is so fun. In Spanish 3 I've had to speak a lot more Spanish. It's difficult to remember everything from last year. Science is okay. Orchestra seems just like last year.

Being a ninth grader is the best part. I'm not super tall or anything but it's strange to look over most people. There's just an odd feeling of being one of the oldest in the school.

This year is going to be awesome. I'm going to try out to be on the Science Olympiad team for a 3rd year. I also want to go for NAL, the Track team, and possibly Honor Society. I've heard from some people that the school doesn't have enough funding for MESA which I also wanted to do again. I hope that's not true.

So I guess that's all I have to say for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment