Monday, November 7, 2011

1st term......now 2nd

I forgot to post last week, and I'm not sure if I am allowed to make it up but I'm going to do double this week anyways.

1st Term was pretty good. I've met so many new people and I barely scraped out a 4.0 GPA while keeping up with NAL, Orchestra, and Davis Youth Symphony. Some of the things that I wished I had done differently was maybe go to more after school programs. I didn't go to a single volleyball game, and now will never be able to go to one as a student at my school. I also missed concerts for band and rhapsody.

For Honors English I barely made it. I was supposed to read The Yearling for the term and that was the only reading assignment. It's over 400 pages and takes a while to get through. Well, I pretty much forgot about it til the last week of the term. I got it on Monday and told myself to read it. I, of course, waited til Wednesday to really get a start on it. I practically read the whole thing in 2 days, most of it on that Thursday. That was a disaster. I was up so late doing that.

2nd Term I think is going to be more hectic. Science Olympiad is just starting up and is going to start taking up my time. Some things I need to work on include: REMEMBERING TO POST ON THIS EVERY WEEK, practicing for orchestra, and reading. For English, this term, we have to read To Kill A Mockingbird and Walk Two Moons. I'm already about 50 pages into it so I'm doing well for now.

I've now made it a primary goal to get to know and make friends with as many people as possible this year. Why? Because I've realized now that there are so many kids that I don't know in my school. This is going well. I now talk with and hang out around kids that I didn't even know the names of last year. I hope it continues. I can see now how there are different type "groups" of friends around the school. There's a group where most of them are either in rhapsody or drama. There's a group for kids who are in orchestra and various academic groups. There's an athletic group who do all the school sports and other sports outside of school. Among these there are kids who are in between them. They're partially in one group and also in another. The trick is finding out what they're into.

No comments:

Post a Comment